🇦🇽 🇩🇰 🇫🇮 🇮🇸 🇳🇴 🇸🇪
As this recent post by James Nottingham states, he visits the Nordic countries very often.
He works with schools, preschools, gymansiums and kommunes across the region. Some of the most notable examples include:
- Tillväxt tänkesätt konferensturer med Carol Dweck, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
- BETT-konferens varje år, 2014-2019 (keynotes)
- Skolriksdag, (2600 ledare), Stockholm, Sverige 2015 (keynote)
- Årliga konferenser för synlig inlärning
- Bergen Lärare (3000 anställda), Norge, 2016
- Utbildningsstyrelsen, Skolverket, sept 2018
- Keynotes & hela dagsseminarier för 33 kommuner i Danmark, 2014-2019
- Grundtoner och heldagsseminarier för 31 kommuner i Norge, 2006-2020
- Keynotes & hela dagsseminarier för 48 kommuner i Sverige, 2010-2020
If you would like to invite James to work with you, then contact his PA, Sarah Unwin. Although he is often working further afield in Australia and the USA, the Nordic world is on his doorstep (his home airport is Edinburgh). So, just ask and he’ll be over before you can say “Erling is the new Zlatan.”
The most popular topics that James is asked to speak about in Scandinavia include:
- How to engage students more effectively
- Adjusting questioning strategies so that students participate more thoughtfully
- Making sure students use feedback formatively
- Creating optimum levels of challenge so that all students make progress
- Developing a growth mindset and self-efficacy
- Helping students learn how to learn
- Strengthening critical and creative thinking
Books by James Nottingham
Because of all the work James does in the Nordic world, many of his books have been translated into Danish, Norwegian and Swedish. They are as follows.
Consultant, Author, Keynote Speaker
This site represents two tradenames:
THE LEARNING PIT®
This trademark is held by James Nottingham (reg. No. 6.381.157) Uses of the Learning Pit for educational and not-for-profit purposes are usually permitted when seeking permission via this site.
This is the name of the group of companies founded by James Nottingham (full details shown on the Contact Us page). It is also the name of his first book.